Since 2003 that Ripar brings Yoga to the surfing community in Areia Branca. We learned that not only does yoga provide an immense amount of health benefits, but it is also the perfect complement to surfing
The classes at Ripar Surf School are thoughtfully tailored to meet the needs and levels of every student. When possible, the lessons take place outdoors, like for example on a rustic wooden deck with an ocean view.
Our certified yoga teacher practices and teaches Integral Yoga.
This practice is composed of a selection of techniques that come from different yoga styles and methods, such as Hatha Yoga, Raja Yoga, Karma Yoga, and Bakhti Yoga, among others. Yogatherapie is also an important component.
The purpose of this practice is to balance the physical attitudes, muscle tonus and breathing, as well as the states of consciousness. So, the practitioner will progressively find harmony and a more integral way of being.
Founded in India at the beginning of the XX century, with important names in Yoga’s history, like Sri Aurobindo and Swami Sivananda, Integral Yoga promotes a path for a useful body and a peaceful mind, harmony, balance, integration and self-realization for a meaningful life.
About the Inês Oliveira (Yoga Instructor):
"I’m a mother, Shiatsu massage therapist and occasional singer.
I live in a small village in the central west coast of Portugal.
My first contact with Yoga was more than 20 years ago and it has been a journey of self-knowledge, the discovery of simplicity and resilience."
- Yoga Instructor and Yoga Master certified by Integral Yoga Association of Portugal, recognized by the International Yoga Federation
- Chinese Medicine Therapist, Shiatsu Massage Therapist and Chi Kung Instructor certification by ESMOT
- Reiki Level 1 certification by ESMOT
- Laugh Yoga instructor certification by Ana Banana
- Permaculture Introduction course certification by Animar